Berla is proud to announce the release of iVe version 1.9.2. This release adds additional support for GM brands of vehicles and brings the supported vehicle count to over 5,200 models. We have incorporated many of the suggestions from our valued user community and have included some highly anticipated features.
Headlining this release is the added support for many Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Holden, Opel, and Vauxhall vehicles with the MyLink, IntelliLink, or CUE infotainment systems. This particular system records some additional data points of interest, including PCM audio recordings and system-saved data regarding where navigation was initiated.
Among the top features in this release is the all-new geographic search capability. The geographic search allows users to choose a point on the map or enter in a location, and iVe will find any parsed data contents from the surrounding area. This is a quick and highly practical way to find all of the information close to an area of interest.
In iVe it is now easier then ever to find all of the vehicle events that happened along a tracklog. Simply click on the eye icon for a tracklog in the grid, and iVe will display all the events that occurred along that track.
Another highlight in 1.9.2 is the tracklog summary, which displays data of interest for each tracklog like start and end time, distance traveled and average speed. There is a new notification center that consolidates all of those annoying pop-up messages into one location where you can review them whenever you choose. In the interest of speed and efficiency iVe will now preprocess large files in the background, so that when you want to view them, they are ready to go. We also improved error handling and moved hashing and indexing to the post-acquisition phase so you can start viewing the data much more quickly.
Additional Features and Enhancements include:
- Added support for GM HMI
- Added parsing and playback of PCM audio files for GM HMI. Feature found under the Content Section -> Events -> Voice Recording
- Added tracklog summary in grid when user selects the parent node for tracklogs
- Added iVe Desktop error reporting to server
- Added confirmation dialogue for user cancel request during acquisition
- Added geohashing with ability to search by location
- Added notification center to view messages about processing status
- Added file preprocessing for large files so that the user does not have to wait when attempting to view such files
- Added parsing of Master Reset to the events for Ford SYNC Generation 2
- Added acquisition options checkbox for using navigation timestamps when possible for Ford SYNC Generation 2
- Added parsing of certain deleted files for GM HMI (i.e., contacts, call logs, Bluetooth devices, waypoints, and media devices)
- Added a ‘Hashing has not been run’ message when user attempts to verify hashes within an acquisition that has no hashes
- Added case report creation message to notification center, appears when a case report has successfully been created
- Added ability to view events that correlate to a concurrent tracklog, for Ford SYNC Generation 2
- Added ability to cancel a running search
- Added USB devices to connections list, when applicable to system
- Added warning message for when user attempts to run search if iVe detects incomplete index(es)
- Added VIN error messages to vehicle lookup when invalid VIN is entered
- Added deleted flags column for devices for GM HMI
- Added custom error message for when user clicks Volkswagen RNS 315 Connectivity Instructions link
The latest version of iVe can be downloaded from our support page. Also, remember to check out iVe Mobile if you have not already done so. If you do not have access to a copy of iVe Desktop, contact us and we will create a temporary trial account for you.