iVe Software v4.4 Introduces Additional Support for Volkswagen Group Vehicles
Berla is pleased to announce the release of iVe version 4.4, which increases support for a wide range of Volkswagen Group vehicles and provides support for additional data from Ford vehicles. This release also includes numerous feature enhancements and overall software refinements.
Volkswagen Group Vehicle Support
iVe version 4.4 brings increased support for Volkswagen Group vehicles from model years 2015 to 2022. This broad range of supported models include Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, SEAT, Skoda, Cupra, and Bentley. The vehicles are supported by a Media Acquisition which, depending on the system type, allows for a logical or physical acquisition. The available data includes connected devices and their associated contacts, vehicle events such as the last sync of contacts, navigation, and parking, and geolocation data in the form of locations, tracklogs, and velocity logs.
Additional Ford Data
iVe version 4.4 also provides support for parsing additional data from APIM (Sync) ECUs found in many Ford vehicles from model years 2015 to 2019. This new data includes door events, VINs, and Bluetooth MAC addresses.
Vehicle Acquisition Save Location
Users are now presented with the option to specify the acquisition save location when creating a vehicle. The default location can be customized each time a vehicle is created.
Improved Trackpoint Parsing
Infotainment ECUs found in many BMW vehicles from model years 2012 to 2020 capture and store a significant number of trackpoints. In earlier versions of the iVe Software, trackpoints were limited to 15-second intervals during parsing, to ensure data mapping functions maintained optimal performance. Parsing is now improved to align with the trackpoint intervals as specified by the ECU.
Additional Software Improvements and Bug Fixes
Several other notable software improvements are included in the v4.4 software release. The indexing function for system source files is now turned off by default. This will help to access the vehicle acquisition without indexing running in the background and will save drive space. Users can index acquisition source files at any time, from the “Tools” menu.
The iVe Software now supports long file paths in excess of 260 characters. Users who wish to take advantage of this feature, will need to perform a registry update on their system running the iVe Software. For step-by-step instructions on how to enable long paths in the Windows operating system, please visit the Microsoft Learn site.
iVe v4.4 also contains several other software improvements and minor bug fixes to round out this release.
New Features and Enhancements for iVe Software v4.4:
- Added support for systems found in Volkswagen Group vehicles from model years 2015 to 2022 which include Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, SEAT, Skoda, Cupra, and Bentley (DS)
- Added the ability to specify the acquisition save location when creating a vehicle. (DS)
- Added support for long file paths in excess of 260 characters (DS)
- Improved the parsing of trackpoints from infotainment ECUs found in many BMW vehicles manufactured from 2012 to 2020 (DS)
- Improved parsing for infotainment ECUs found in many Ford vehicles manufactured from 2015 to 2019 (DS)
- Improved indication in the Vehicle Lookup when a vehicle does not contain supported ECUs (MADS)
- Implemented “Do not index” as the default state to index settings (DS)
- Fixed issue with individual trackpoint tags not showing if related tracklog is also tagged (DS)
- Improved text scroll in the Viewer Pane (DS)
- Improved iVe Mobile functionality when working offline (MA)
- Implemented several minor bug fixes (MADS)
MA = Mobile App Only DS= Desktop Software Only MADS = Mobile App & Desktop Software
iVe 4.4 may be downloaded by visiting our ‘Customer Support’ page and selecting ‘Current Release.’