iVe Software v2.5 Introduces Support for Additional FCA and Ford Systems
Berla is pleased to announce the release of iVe version 2.5.
This release adds support for newer Ford vehicles manufactured from 2018 to 2020, as well as, a considerable number of FCA vehicles between 2012 and 2019. New features in this release include the ability to connect with other members of the iVe community to share resources, vehicle lookups and collection summaries.
NEW VEHICLE SUPPORT
A substantial number of vehicles across multiple FCA brands were added in iVe v2.5. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM, and Maserati to name a few. Support for these vehicles was accomplished through the addition of a new Uconnect system and updating support for a Uconnect system previously added in version 1.4. You will see the additional supported system listed in the lookup when searching for FCA vehicles in iVe Mobile or iVe Software.
As you may have encountered, Ford made a hardware revision to its current SYNC system. This new board design is not a new SYNC system, but a different internal layout of the components inside the SYNC module. This new configuration seems to be most prevalent in 2018 to 2020 Ford and Lincoln vehicles.
Two new device interface boards (DIBs) were developed to support these new systems. The first round of new DIBs has shipped. Check your inventory in iVe Mobile or iVe Software, which will be updated to reflect the addition of these components.
Connections & Sharing
The most significant new feature in this version is the ability to connect with other members of the iVe community. Whether you are using iVe Mobile or iVe Software, connections gives you the ability to establish a network of colleagues, customers, and contacts involved in vehicle investigations. Connections are the foundation for several major features to be released over the next few months, the first of which is sharing.
You can now share resources, vehicle lookups and collection summaries with anyone in your network. Resources such as system identification guides, removal walkthroughs and setup instructions can easily be shared with members of your network to facilitate the identification and acquisition process. Check out the Spotlight Feature articles on connections and sharing which will walk you through the process of establishing your network and sharing the available resources.
The case report has also been completely redesigned in iVe version 2.5. This facelift starts with a cleaner cover page followed by a table of contents with clickable links to various sections of data types. The case report layout now features better use of overall space, and columns are hidden if they contain only blank cells to reduce page count. The ‘Additional Information’ section, for items that include such data, is now visually separated from the other fields. Also, each page of the case report now includes a footer with the page number.
Perhaps most importantly, the case report generation process has been made faster and more stable in iVe version 2.5, particularly when it comes to extremely large data sets.
Additional Software Improvements
Every system supported by iVe now has a summary where you will find information on acquisition times, acquisition types, and any key points or idiosyncrasies you might need to know. To view the summary for a system in iVe Mobile, conduct a vehicle lookup and select a supported system. On the results page you will see it at the top under the summary heading. In iVe Software, you will find it on the results page after the data types.
In addition to several minor bug fixes and user interface improvements, you will notice updates have been made in data parsers for many of the supported systems. See the release notes below for details.
New Features and Enhancements for iVe Software v2.5:
- Added support for revised Ford SYNC hardware
- Added support for older Uconnect systems
- Added additional support for Uconnect 8.4 systems
- Added ability to share recent collection summaries, vehicle lookups, and resources (instruction sets) with other users
- Added ability to add fellow users as connections
- Added parsing of additional events (ignition key, navigation/destination entered, emergency assistance) for certain Ford, GM, and Hyundai systems
- Improved parsing of events for Mercedes-Benz NTG systems
- Improved parsing of deleted data for Honda systems
- Added parsing of favorite locations for some GM systems
- Redesigned case report to include clickable links in a TOC and to reduce wasted space
- Added descriptive notes for each supported system in the vehicle lookup
- Added or improved identification, removal, and/or acquisition instructions for multiple supported systems
- Added instructions for newly supported systems
- Fixed bug where iVe was unable to generate a case report with some extremely large data sets
- Fixed timestamp types for Lexus call logs (changed from local to UTC)
- Implemented additional minor bug fixes and user interface improvements
Download your copy of iVe 2.5 today by visiting our support page and selecting ‘Current Release.’