iVe Software v2.2 Expands Support for Mercedes-Benz Systems
Berla is proud to announce the release of iVe Version 2.2.
This release sees significant expansion of iVe’s Mercedes-Benz coverage, adding support for many Mercedes-Benz vehicles manufactured between 2014 and 2018. Details for identifying the newly supported Mercedes-Benz systems are included within iVe Software and iVe Mobile; simply click the ‘Identification Guides’ link below each system photo.
Version 2.2 also brings additional improvements to mapping. For one thing, the map source drop-down now offers Mapbox maps of several styles (i.e., Light, Dark, Normal, Satellite, and Satellite Hybrid). Users can still set up custom map tile servers, whether from OpenStreetMap or another source, by going to Tools > Mapping and saving the desired tile URL.
To go hand in hand with the new map styles, users now have the ability to customize the colors assigned to each data type. This can be particularly helpful in making data points easier to see on the map, depending on the type of map that is in effect. For instance, a lighter color may be ideal to use for data plotted on a dark map.
To change the colors assigned to data types, go to the Tools > Colors. In the separate window that appears, choose the desired color in each of the drop-downs. Any changes to color selection are saved automatically and will persist through restarts of the iVe application. It is also worth pointing out that the color selections are applied across the entire application, including the ‘Timeline’ section.
As always, several minor bug fixes and user interface improvements round out the release.
New Features and Enhancements for iVe Software v2.2:
- Added support for Mercedes-Benz systems in 2014 to 2018 model year vehicles
- Added ability to customize colors for each data type (for display on map and timeline)
- Added ability to select a file in search results and jump to that item in ‘System’ section
- Improved the way runtime timestamps are displayed in the grid
- Added iVe Mobile notification when search indexing is complete
- Added the displaying of source device info on timeline tiles
- Added automatic creation of standard multimedia playable .wav files from HMI PCM voice files
- Added or improved identification, removal, and/or acquisition instructions for multiple supported systems
- Added instructions for newly supported systems
- Implemented additional minor bug fixes and user interface improvements
Download your copy of iVe 2.2 today by visiting our support page and selecting ‘Current Release.’