iVe Software v2.1 Adds Support for Nissan and INFINITI Systems
Berla is pleased to announce the release of iVe version 2.1.This release introduces support for a considerable number of Nissan and INFINITI vehicles manufactured from 2008 to 2017, as well as select Volkswagen vehicles dating back to 2010. Details for discerning between the two types of newly supported Nissan and INFINITI systems are included within iVe Software and iVe Mobile; simply click the ‘Identification Guides’ link below each system photo.
This release also brings some new features and improvements by customer request. Users can now right-click a search result and choose ‘Show in Tree’ to have iVe jump to that item in the ‘Content’ section. Similarly, users can use the new ‘Show in Tree’ button for a timeline item to jump to that item in the ‘Content’ section.
New Features and Enhancements
The ‘Search’ section, which was radically revamped and improved in the iVe 2.0 release, has received a few refinements and tweaks to make it even sharper. For instance, the text search now includes values found in the ‘Additional Information’ fields for parsed items (e.g., devices, contacts, locations, etc.). Routes and velocity logs are also now included in searches. For any search result with GPS coordinates, a user may right-click the item and select ‘Show in Google Maps’ to view the coordinates in Google Maps.
Between iVe 2.0 and 2.1 several changes have been implemented to improve data parsing in various supported systems.
Finally, as is typically the case, several minor bug fixes and user interface improvements round out the release.
- Added support for multiple Nissan and INFINITI systems
- Added support for Volkswagen RNS 850 systems
- Added ability to select search result and jump to that item in ‘Content’ section
- Added ability to select timeline item and jump to that item in ‘Content’ section
- Added ability to right-click a search result with GPS coordinates and select ‘Show in Google Maps’
- Improved search to include values found in ‘additional information’ fields
- Added ability to include ‘additional information’ fields in case report
- Added ability to search for routes and velocity logs in search
- Improved the way Ford SYNC generation 3 velocity speeds are reflected in grid exports
- Improved parsing of tracklog timestamps for some Hyundai systems
- Added parsing of voice recognition events for Hyundai MIPS-Mobis systems
- Added parsing of additional events (driver distraction enabled/disabled, USB device connected, and started/finished saving log file to flash) for Ford SYNC generation 1, version 5 systems
- Added parsing of time events for Ford SYNC generation 3 systems if user manually changed time settings in vehicle
- Bug fixes for parsing data from various systems, to include FCA Uconnect (chip-off import), BMW NBT, and some Holden GA-130 systems
- Added or improved identification, removal, and/or acquisition instructions for multiple supported systems
- Added instructions for newly supported systems
- Implemented additional minor bug fixes and user interface improvements, including warnings if user attempts to generate an empty tag report, or designates the same folder for input and output