iVe Software v3.6 brings additional support for Mazda, Nissan and Toyota Systems
Berla is proud to announce the release of iVe version 3.6, which affords additional support for systems from multiple OEMs.
Additional Mazda Support
Support for Mazda Connect systems was introduced in iVe version 3.3, and that coverage included many vehicles from 2015-2017. With iVe version 3.6, the support is expanded to additional firmware versions seen mostly in 2018 Mazda vehicles (as well as a small number of Toyota and Scion vehicles) thanks to an additional piece of hardware. As before, the firmware version currently running on the system will help to determine whether an acquisition is possible, and if so, which connectivity steps are required. More specific details can be found in the instructions.
Additional Toyota Support
iVe version 3.6 introduces support for a new Toyota ECU. This new telematics system is found in many Toyota and Lexus vehicles manufactured from late 2019 to present. Due to the design of the module, support is only available at this time via chip-off import. However, iVe can parse the image from the chip, and the system, navigation, and velocity data could prove to be invaluable in some investigations.
Additional Nissan Support
Support for hard-drive-based systems in Nissan and INFINITI vehicles was introduced in iVe version 2.1. While the majority of these systems contain a hard disk drive, some later examples of the system (i.e., approximately 2017-2020) can contain a solid-state drive. There is no clear indication of the drive type until it is removed, and iVe did not have an unlocking method for the solid-state drives until now. As of iVe 3.6, users can proceed through the steps of unlocking and acquiring the solid-state drives just the same as they would with a hard disk drive.
New Features and Enhancements for iVe Software v3.6:
- Added support for additional Mazda systems, expanding coverage for additional firmware versions seen mostly in 2018 Mazda vehicles (as well as a small number of Toyota and Scion vehicles)
- Added support (chip-off import only) for telematics systems found in many Toyota and Lexus vehicles manufactured from late 2019 to present
- Expanded support for Nissan systems (found in many newer Nissan and INFINITI vehicles) by adding ability to unlock SSD drives
- Added or improved identification, removal, and/or acquisition instructions for multiple supported systems
- Implemented additional minor bug fixes and parsing improvements
Download your copy of iVe 3.6 today by visiting our ‘Customer Support’ page and selecting ‘Current Release.’