iVe 3.0 – Accessibility Redefined
The release of version 3.0 brings together all aspects of the iVe Ecosystem and centralizes the vehicle forensic process. You now have the ability to securely access the contents of your collections wherever you are and easily collaborate with other investigators, prosecutors, and clients.
Starting with the release of version 3.0, in both the forensic software and mobile app, all aspects of the forensic process are combined and presented via a vehicle dashboard. This provides a comprehensive snapshot for each vehicle being investigated and the ability to track where it is in the process of identifying, acquiring, and analyzing systems within the vehicle. Learn more about the centralized dashboard in our feature focus blog.
When you conduct an acquisition with iVe Software, version 3.0 or higher, the contents of your collection will be packaged into an iVx file, encrypted with your unique key, and pushed to all of your devices. You can now view and analyze the contents of your collection without being at your computer. Learn more about the content viewer in the ‘Accessible Collections’ feature focus blog.
You can empower other investigators, prosecutors, and clients by giving them read-only access to the data acquired from vehicle systems. When you share a vehicle, the contents of the collection are encrypted with the recipient’s unique key, and only the intended recipient can access the data. Secure sharing allows for quick and easy collaboration through the identification, acquisition, and analysis of vehicle data when it matters most. Learn more about secure sharing in our related feature focus blog.
Additional Features & Enhancements
iVe Software v3.0 adds support for additional Toyota vehicles. More specifically, the newly supported ECU is for Toyota’s hard drive systems manufactured from 2012-2015. Acquiring these systems is done by selecting the ‘Toyota-HDD’ ECU in iVe and utilizing existing hardware from the iVe kit.
This release also adds support for Uconnect 8.4N and 430N systems that feature the Version 5 GNM board. Enhancements to the Ford SYNC generation 3 and BMW NBT data parsers have been made, and the release also includes minor bug fixes.
- Implemented the iVx file format and associated cryptography required to package the content of collections
- Added ability to create, export, and import personal keys for encrypting and decrypting iVx files
- Added a feature that gives users a method to create iVx files for systems acquired with software versions prior to 3.0
- Redesigned user interface for home screen, vehicle lookup, and account settings
- Implemented a vehicle dashboard that consolidates the identification, acquisition, and analysis activities in one location
- Added the ability to share vehicles and manage shares from the vehicle dashboard
- Added support for Toyota hard drive systems manufactured from 2012-2015
- Added support for Uconnect 8.4N and 430N (GNM version 5) systems
- For Honda-HDD ECU, added ability to unlock hard drives with 11-digit serial numbers
- Added parsing of archived trackpoints and odometer readings in rare instances for Ford SYNC generation 3 systems
- Added parsing of active handling and indicators events for Ford SYNC generation 3 systems
- Added time events for when user sets system clock backwards for Ford SYNC generation 3 systems
- Added parsing of additional contacts for BMW NBT systems
- Consolidated ‘Data Export’ and ‘Third Party Exports’ into one ‘Exports’ option in the ‘Tools’ menu
- Added tooltips to various buttons in ‘Timeline’ section
- Added or improved identification, removal, and/or acquisition instructions for multiple supported systems
- Added instructions for newly supported systems
- Implemented additional minor bug fixes
Download your copy of iVe 3.0 today by visiting our support page and selecting ‘Current Release.’