Berla is pleased to announce the release of iVe v1.8.4. This release follows version 1.8.2, which was introduced in April 2016 and included several new features and enhancements for iVe Desktop.
The launch of 1.8.4 comes after continued feedback from our user community and Berla’s R & D team. The following features and enhancements are included.
- Added SRT to vehicle lookup as a selectable brand
- Added odometer reading to events log for Ford SYNC Generation 1
- Added ability to recover deleted mobile device “friendly names” when possible for Ford SYNC Generation 2
- Improved file viewer and search functions
- Improved usability to map functions
- Improved content grid display
- Improved case report generation
- Improved stability of software related to removal of default folder
- Improved timestamp column heading displays
- Resolved GPS data in maps for computers with European region settings
- Fixed multiple iVe Mobile bugs, including case status not displaying accurately, search capability results, and hash crash
In January, Berla also released the beta versions of iVe Mobile and iVe Connect.
iVe Mobile is an Android app designed to support investigators in the field. The app includes a vehicle lookup feature as well as a VIN scanner to determine whether or not a vehicle of interest is supported by iVe.
iVe Connect is the API link between iVe Mobile and the iVe desktop application that allows users to transfer cases, monitor acquisition progress, and view the results of an acquisition.
Berla continues to enhance iVe’s functionality and add features and supported vehicles/hardware for its user community. Stay tuned for further improvements, bux fixes, and new features in iVe’s next release.