Berla is proud to announce the release of iVe Software version 2.0. This is our most ambitious release since iVe was first launched in 2013, and it represents the culmination of years’ worth of feedback received from the global vehicle forensics community and our experience supporting investigators throughout the world.
To that end, this release incorporates many enhancements that have either been directly requested by customers or otherwise designed to improve usability during real-world operations and day-to-day casework. Much effort has been made to better walk the user through the vehicle forensics process, allowing more access points to in-application support and making the various steps more intuitive.
This landmark release includes several exciting components, the first of which is a complete redesign to the user interface and overall look. Seasoned users need not worry too much about the learning curve, however, as the interface navigation and functional changes are largely intuitive. We will also take a closer look at some of the new features, including the massively improved ‘Search’ section, in a separate blog entry.
This software release also adds support for Audi systems and covers well over 500 different Audi models dating back to 2009. There is no additional hardware required as long as your hardware kit has been kept up-to-date.
Audi has long been among the most frequently requested OEMs for us to add support for, and we are excited to get this capability into the hands of investigators.
iVe Software version 2.0 is a particularly noteworthy release in that it introduces significantly greater integration and syncing between the iVe Software and iVe Mobile. iVe Mobile has a version 2.0 release coinciding with the 2.0 iVe Software release, and the two applications will work in conjunction to an increased degree from this point forward.
We appreciate all of the customer feedback we have received over the last five years. We look forward to hearing your feedback on the new iVe Software and serving you along the road ahead.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Added support for Audi systems
- Updated how searches can be constructed, and how search results can be viewed
- Redesigned user interface for vehicle lookup results to better mirror those of the website and mobile app
- Redesigned user interface for home screen to facilitate additional iVe Connect sync functionality
- Redesigned user interface for ‘Timeline’ section to allow more flexible date/time filtering options (date/time range plus individual date tiles)
- Redesigned user interface for iVe Connect settings window
- Redesigned user interface throughout remaining portions of application, to include logos, fonts, and styling
- Added hardware kit inventory sheet
- Added support for real-time updating of resources such as system identification guides, removal walkthroughs, and acquisition instructions
- Added onboarding screens for first time usage
- Added ability to reopen results from a recent vehicle lookup
- Added ability to hide/un-hide recent collections and vehicle lookups
- Added ability to start a collection based on a recent vehicle lookup that was initiated with either the mobile app or within the software
- Added ability to access resources such as system identification guides, removal walkthroughs, and acquisition instructions from vehicle lookup results
- Added ability to access resources such as system identification guides, removal walkthroughs, and acquisition instructions from additional pages of the acquisition wizard
- Added ability to edit case information after acquisition has completed
- Added routes to geographic search results
- Reformatted all of the resources such as system identification guides, removal walkthroughs, and acquisition instructions display within the application itself (previously HTML viewed in separate browser)
- Added or improved resources such as system identification guides, removal walkthroughs, and acquisition instructions for numerous supported systems
- Added resources such as system identification guides, removal walkthroughs, and acquisition instructions for newly supported Audi systems
- Updating application to 64-bit architecture
- Implemented numerous bug fixes and stability improvements
Download the latest iVe Software from our support page.