GPS Forensics KitBlackthorn is the leading GPS forensics tool used by forensic examiners and investigators for acquiring, examining and analyzing data from aviation, maritime, portable automotive, and handheld GPS devices. Request Quote
Blackthorn supports over 3,500 different profiles of devices through logical and physical acquisitions, file imports, and decoding of flash memory images. Users can conduct full examinations of GPS devices and create customized reports by selecting specific data, adding maps, annotations, and comments. The reports can be saved in a variety of common formats. The analysis feature allows the user to conduct advanced queries to uncover devices visiting the same location, devices with activity within a certain distance of a specific location, and devices that have been in the same place at the same time.
- Supports over 3,500 different profiles of devices
- Acquisition via logical, physical, file import, and flash memory decodes
- Create custom reports and in HTML, XML, Word, Excel, or PDF formats
- Online/offline mapping with annotation tools
- Native hex, strings, XML, and SQLite data viewers
- Export data in common formats such as CSV, TXT, XLSX, XML, KML, KMZ, or GDB
- Built-in analytical reports for geolocations, common activity location and time
- Robust search function: keywords, hash value, file type and geolocation
- User-based and global watch list capabilities
Data AcquisitionBlackthorn supports Garmin, Magellan, TomTom, Furuno, Raymarine, SIMRad and Lowrance devices, just to name a few. For physical acquisitions, DD and E01 images are supported. Blackthorn can import file types such as GDB, ADM, GPX, CMAP, USR, KML, CSV, XLS, XLSX, and TXT. Users can also import DD and E01 image sets from other acquisition tools.
Examination / ReportingBlackthorn has native data viewers such as hex, strings, XML, and SQLite. Data can be easily tagged and sent to the report builder. Geolocation data can be easily plotted and included in the report from online/offline maps such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, OpenStreetMap, ArcGIS Topographical, Aviation Charts, NOAA Maritime Charts or Microsoft’s MapPoint. Users can make annotation on the maps that will be included in the report. Reports can be saved in HTML, XML, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or PDF formats. Any of the data acquired with Blackthorn can be exported from the application in CSV, TXT, XLSX, XML, KML, KMZ, or GDB formats.
Analysis / SearchBuilt-in analytical reports identify activity by geolocation as well as correlations across cases or devices by identifying common locations and times. The search function includes keywords, hash value, file type and geolocation.
Watch ListBlackthorn has a watch list feature which provides users with immediate notifications when data being acquired matches a pre-defined trigger. Watch list items can be created based on locations, keywords or GREP expressions. Users can maintain multiple watch lists for either specific cases or at a global level.
- Blackthorn Application
- Cable Pack
- Carrying Case
- Hardware-Based License Key
- First Year of Software Upgrades and Enhancements
- Windows XP or above
- Blackthorn will support 64-bit systems. Not all GPS device drivers are 64-bit compatible.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or above
- Intel-based processor 1.33ghz or higher
- 2 USB ports
- At least 2 GB RAM
- At least 4 GB space
- 1024×768 minimum screen resolution